Are you a baby-boomer woman (55-60)? Are you living fully in mid-life doing what you love and loving what you do? Are you feel fully appreciated for all you do by those you do it for?
Do you ever ask yourself: Is This All There Is ? When is it my turn to have fun?
What pre-conceived image to you have about yourself? Despite your background, nationality, race or religion as a person we ALL want to be loved and appreciated and accepted for who we are. We want to feel deep in our hearts that we belong, that we matter and fit in. We want to be remembered when we die. We want to make a difference in the World, at least most of us do!
We may not all agree what that difference looks like. At a deep level in our ‘soul awareness’ we know our purpose and we’re often restless until we feel we’re actually living it.
The questions is: HAVE YOU FOUND YOUR PURPOSE AND ARE YOU LIVING ALIGNED WITH IT?
- Do you acknowledge and realize just how remarkable you are?
- Have you ever taken the time to write out a personal resume of all the unique gifts and talents you share on a daily basis?
- Do you fully appreciate the years of self-education and service you’ve developed as a mother, daughter, sister, aunt, step-parent, daughter-in-law, wife, grand mother, significant other and/or career woman?
I believe most of us under-estimate and over-look our value. We allow everyone around us to take for granted the multiple tasks, devotion and services we provide. Until such time that YOU begin to recognize and value yourself, you will continue to allow everyone else to take you for granted. Sad as it may seem you must advocate for yourself.
When we, as woman don’t appreciate ourselves and expect to be treated with respect, love and gratitude we’re giving permission to others to disrespect and not appreciate you. At some point we lose self-worth and self-confidence because we have allowed it.
Too many women feel they’re expected to ‘be there, do it all’ and then do more. Too many women find it easier to do it themselves than to ask for help. Too many women over-extend themselves and then suffer from the consequences of stress, fatigue and lack of appreciation. Does any of this sound familiar?
Today I am here to tell you:
- You matter!
- You are MAGNIFICENT!
- You are INCREDIBLE!
- You are SUPER WOMAN!
- You deserve to do more for yourself!
- You deserve to have all that you want and then some!
So what’s next? You begin by recognizing ALL the value, experience, skills of everything you accomplish on a daily basis. You begin to appreciate yourself! You begin by being kind, loving and respectful of your body, mind and soul. You treat yourself as well as, if not better than the way you’ve been treating everyone else you love.
- Schedule an appointment with yourself to do something you’ve always wanted to do but made excuses why you couldn’t.
- Stop procrastinating or making excuses as to why you don’t deserve that special treatment you deserve.
- Make a list of wants, desires and needs and begin checking them off.
- Take time daily to spend alone to assess what you want and how you can receive it.
- Journal, meditate, join a class with fun people doing what you love.
- Try something new like a zumba class, yoga, pilates, dance, painting, pottery – whatever inspires you.
- Get together with other like-minded woman who want to share inspiration without complaining, criticizing or condemning.
- Eat healthier.
- Get a make-over, pedicure, manicure, massage or whatever allows you to feel pampered.
YOU DESERVE MORE!
Leave your comments below and tell me what you’re going to do to change and begin appreciating yourself more. Often when you commit to or tell someone else you will be more likely to follow through. Ask for accountability if you feel you need it. Enjoy, be happy and start living fully for every moment in every day.
Also, check out my other site where my focus is with ‘Igniting SPARK in the souls of women 50+‘ at http://wendymackaycoachinginc.com