Short term goals are positive thoughts you focus upon with the intention for success within a limited time. Long term goals are the thoughts and ideas, to make a vision of what you focus on now, for results in the near future.
Last post we worked on organizing your time, as to your personal and business time availability for scheduling your days. Once you are clear as to the amount of time you are willing and able to commit to for your desired success, then the next step is determining the action plan to achieve your goals.
Get very specific with your long term goals. State your intention, action and desired result. EG>”In one year I will have a steady clientele of 50 people in which I consult/coach in a pre-paid specific program that brings in a monthly income of $10,000″ (something like that). Then break down the long term goal into monthly short term goals, and then weekly, and then daily. This way you have bite size segments which you can prioritize, and plan for on an hourly basis for your scheduling. If you are not yet clear on your goals start by asking yourself some specific questions:
- If I only had one year to live, what would I want to leave behind as my legacy?
- What excites me to get up and do, go out and see, to look forward to as my incentive?
- How can I make that one thing that excites me, that I am passionate about, become my niche?
- If I had financial independence how would I choose to spend my time?
- How do I want to be perceived?
- What resonates with me?
- Who resonates with me?
- When I do ____________I have so much energy I could do it everyday?
- When I reminisce, what are the memories that seem most important to me?
Think of any other questions that inspire or motivate you. What is the common denominator that constantly comes up for you?
Turn this around and ask your self what lowers your vibration:
- What make me feel lonely, sad, angry?
- What am I afraid to do, but always resist doing?
- What do I feel I have failed at, in the past, that I would like to accomplish?
- What am I afraid of, and why?
- What are the triggers that make me withdraw, or feel less than successful about?
Take your answers to these questions and reflect upon the reasons for your resistance.
Is there something that has happened to you in the past that holds you back from receiving all that you are capable of?
Where did that belief originate from?
What do you still hold on to in believing that belief?
How can you get rid of it?
When you truly take a good look at yourself, your strengths, your weaknesses, your abilities, and your knowledge, you will gain a perspective of how and what you believe you can be or do. There are no limits for any of us. We can be ALL that we desire. It is only knowledge, or the lack of, which holds us back. We can learn everything we need to know when we know what to focus on.
Find your passion.
Find your burning desire.
Focus upon what it is you need to learn to become the expert within that field.
Commit to taking the necessary action to achieving your knowledge.
Be specific, and set your goals in time implements which you know you can accomplish.
Take the daily action towards achieving your goals.
Stop regularly to reflect, and reward yourself for your achievements.
Get started now
“Whatever course you have chosen for yourself, it will not be a chore but an adventure if you bring to it a sense of the glory of striving, if your sights are set far above the merely secure and mediocre.”
Next post we will discuss the action steps you are taking.